DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
The protection of your personal data is important to the BNP Paribas Group – to which Arval entities belong - which has adopted strong principles in that respect for the entire Group in its Group Data Protection Notice available on the BNP Paribas website.
This Arval Information Data Protection Notice provides you with detailed information relating to the protection of your personal data by Arval Service Lease Polska Sp. z o.o. (data controller) (“we”).
We are responsible, as a controller, for collecting and processing your personal data in relation to our activities. The purpose of this Arval Data Protection Notice is to let you know which personal data we collect about you as a driver (being either our client or our corporate clients’ employee) or as a representative of our corporate client, the reasons why we use and share such data, how long we keep it, what your rights are and how you can exercise them.
Further information may be provided where necessary when you apply for a specific product or service.
1. WHICH PERSONAL DATA DO WE USE ABOUT YOU?
We collect and use your personal data to the extent necessary in the framework of our activities and to achieve a high standard of personalised products and services.
We may collect various types of personal data about you, including:
(in relation to vehicle Drivers)
- identification information (e.g. name, ID number, driving licence number, nationality, gender, place and date of birth);
- contact information (e.g. postal address and e-mail address, phone number);
- employment information (e.g. employment, employer’s name, location);
- data relating to you, your habits and preferences;
- geolocation data (e.g. showing locations to identify the location of service suppliers for you or enabling the provision of specific services such as car sharing).
- data relating traffic offences in relation to fines for traffic offences as part of the “Fines Management” service.
(in relation to Customers, including Sole Proprietorship)
- banking, financial and transactional data (e.g. bank account details, payment data);
- data relating to the vehicle leasing contract (e.g. client identification number, contract number, vehicle identification number);
- data related to use of our services and products.
These data may nevertheless be processed without your consent if necessary to comply with a law.
We never ask for personal data related to your racial or ethnic origins, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data or data concerning your sex orientation, unless it is required through a legal obligation.
The data we use about you may either be directly provided by you or be obtained from the following sources in order to verify or enrich our databases:
- our corporate clients and/or their branches and affiliates (e.g. your employer) or service providers;
- publications/databases made available by official authorities (e.g. the official journal);
- third parties such as credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies or data brokers in conformity with the data protection legislation;
- websites/social media pages containing information made public by you (e.g. your own website or social media); and
- databases made publicly available by third parties.
2. SPECIFIC CASES OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION, INCLUDING INDIRECT COLLECTION
In certain circumstances, we may collect and use personal data of individuals with whom we have, could have, or used to have a direct relationship such as:
For some reasons, we may also collect information about you whereas you have not direct relationship with us.
This may happen for instance when your employer provide us with information about you or your contact details are provided by one of our clients if you are, for example :
- Family members;
- Co-borrowers / guarantors;
- Legal representatives (power of attorney);
- Beneficiaries of payment transactions made by our clients;
- Beneficiaries of insurance policies and trusts;
- Ultimate beneficial owners;
- Clients‘ debtors (e.g. in case of bankruptcy);
- Company shareholders;
- Representatives of a legal entity (which may be a client or a vendor);
- Staff of service provider and commercial partners.
3. WHY AND ON WHICH BASIS DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
a. To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
We use your personal data to comply with various legal and regulatory obligations, including:
- banking and financial regulations in compliance with which we:
- set up security measures in order to prevent abuse and fraud;
- detect transactions which deviate from the normal patterns;
- define your credit risk score and your reimbursement capacity; and
- monitor and report risks that institution could incur;
- record, when necessary, phone calls, chats, emails, etc…
- reply to an official request from a duly authorised public or judicial authority (e.g. to identify the driver and communicate the data to the relevant public authorities).
- prevention of money-laundering and financing of terrorism;
- compliance with legislation relating to sanctions and embargoes;
- fight against tax fraud and fulfilment of tax control and notification obligations;
b. To perform a contract or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract with you
We use your personal data to enter into and perform our contracts, including to:
- evaluate if we can offer you a product or service and under which conditions;
- provide you with information regarding our products and services;
- schedule and manage (i) the delivery, return, maintenance and repair of the vehicle (including car recalls from manufacturers), (ii) value added services (e.g. fuel and toll cards) and (iii) the purchase of the vehicle (in second hand);
- manage the resolution of disputes (e.g. for debt collection) and assist you and answer your requests and complaints (including insurance claims);
- ensure and facilitate your mobility by allowing you to access easily some services directly on your smartphone with our mobile applications; and
- handle billing, invoicing and recovery.
c. To fulfil our legitimate interest
We use your personal data in order to deploy and develop our products or services, manage the contractual relationship with our corporate clients of whom you are an employee, to improve our risk management and to defend our legal rights, including:
- proof of transactions;
- fraud prevention;
- rolling out of prevention campaigns, e.g. creating alerts in connection with traffic or road hazards;
- response to official requests from public authorities of third countries (located outside EEA);
- IT management, including infrastructure management (e.g. shared platforms) & business continuity and IT security;
- establishing individual statistical models, based on the analysis of transactions, for instance in order to help define your driver profile;
- establishing aggregated statistics, tests and models, for research and development, in order to improve the risk management of our group of companies or in order to improve existing products and services or create new ones;
- training of our personnel by recording phone calls to our call centres;
- personalising our offering to you and that of other BNP Paribas entities through:
- improving the quality of our products or services (including via client satisfaction surveys);
- advertising products or services that match with your situation and profile.
This can be achieved by:
- segmenting our prospects and clients;
- analysing your habits and preferences in the various channels (visits to our branches, emails or messages, visits to our website, etc.);
- matching the products or services that you already hold or use with other data we hold about you.
Your data may be aggregated into anonymised statistics that may be offered to professional clients to assist them in developing their business. In this case, your personal data will never be disclosed and those receiving these anonymised statistics will be unable to ascertain your identity.
d. To respect your choice if we requested your consent for a specific processing
In some cases, we must require your consent to process your data, for example:
- where the above purposes lead to automated decision-making, which produces legal effects or which significantly affects you. At that point, we will inform you separately about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing;
- if we need to carry out further processing for purposes other than those above in section 3, we will inform you and, where necessary, obtain your consent.
4. WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
In order to fulfill the aforementioned purposes, we only disclose your personal data to:
- Service providers which perform services on our behalf (dealers, garages, body shops, tyres workshops, assistance and logistic services;
- BNP Paribas Group entities (e.g. you can benefit from our full range of group products and services);
- Financial or judicial authorities, state agencies or public bodies, upon request and to the extent permitted by law;
- Certain regulated professionals such as lawyers, notaries or auditors.
5. TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EEA
In case of international transfers originating from the European Economic Area (EEA), where the European Commission has recognised a non-EEA country as providing an adequate level of data protection, your personal data may be transferred on this basis.
For transfers to non-EEA countries whose level of protection has not been recognized by the European Commission, we will either rely on a derogation applicable to the specific situation (e.g. if the transfer is necessary to perform our contract with you such as when making an international payment) or implement one of the following safeguards to ensure the protection of your personal data:
- Standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission; or
- Binding corporate rules, where applicable.
To obtain a copy of these safeguards or details on where they are available, you can send a written request as set out in Section 9.
6. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR?
We will retain your personal data for the longer of the period required in order to comply with applicable laws and regulations or another period with regard to our operational requirements, such as proper account maintenance, facilitating client relationship management, and responding to legal claims or regulatory requests. For instance, most of client’s information is kept for the duration of the contractual relationship and after the end of the contractual relationship for the period of time needed to ensure the exercise or defense of legal claims.
7. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW CAN YOU EXERCISE THEM?
In accordance with applicable regulations, you have the following rights:
- To access: you can obtain information relating to the processing of your personal data, and a copy of such personal data.
- To rectify: where you consider that your personal data are inaccurate or incomplete, you can require that such personal data be modified accordingly.
- To erase: you can require the deletion of your personal data, to the extent permitted by law.
- To restrict: you can request the restriction of the processing of your personal data.
- To object: you can object to the processing of your personal data, on grounds relating to your particular situation. You have the absolute right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, which includes profiling related to such direct marketing.
- To withdraw your consent: where you have given your consent for the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- To data portability: where legally applicable, you have the right to have the personal data you have provided to us be returned to you or, where technically feasible, transferred to a third party.
If you wish to exercise the rights listed above, please send a letter or e-mail to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a scan/copy of your identity card for identification purpose.
In accordance with applicable regulation, in addition to your rights above, you are also entitled to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
8. HOW CAN YOU KEEP UP WITH CHANGES TO THIS DATA PROTECTION NOTICE?
In a world of constant technological changes, we may need to regularly update this Information Notice.
We invite you to review the latest version of this notice online and we will inform you of any material changes through our website or through our other usual communication channels.
9. HOW TO CONTACT US?
If you have any questions relating to our use of your personal data under this Information Notice, please send a letter to the following address Arval Service Lease Polska Sp. z o.o., Warszawa, ul. Wołoska 24, 02-675,or contact us through email@example.com and we will investigate your query.